Congratulations to the recipients of our latest round of Staff Scholarship Awards! Funded by department and philanthropic funds, these awards support professional development of classified and professional staff who work in our department. Awards are given twice per year. Awardees for this round include:
- SMART Center, team award, to attend the Smartsheet Engage 3-Day conference.
- UW CoLab, team award to receive training on facilitation techniques.
- Courtney Marecki (Pravetoni Lab) to take a course on Agilent 6400 Series LC/MS QQQ Techniques and Operation.
- Mari Meador (SMART Center) to present at the Annual School Mental Health conference about universal screening.
- Rayann Silva (SMART Center) to attend the Association for Positive Behavior Support conference.
- Juliann Salisbury (SCRC/CSPAR) to attend the Annual CFHA conference and co-present a talk about the WA behavioral health workforce.
- Clynita Grafenreed (SMART Center) to present at the National PBIS Leadership Forum about developing equitable family-school partnerships with racially and ethnically diverse families.
Thank you to the Staff EDI professional development selection committee (Vaughan Collins, MSW, Winnie Ho and Andie Uomoto, MPA) for reviewing the proposals and to the donors who make this program possible. If you are interested in supporting this program, you can contribute to the Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences Staff Development Fund. The deadline for the next round of funding is February 1, 2024.